We ask that all authors please read our Submission Guidelines prior to submission.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice (.odt), Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rtf), or WordPerfect document (.wpd) file format.
- The text satisfies these stylistic and bibliographic requirements:
- uses double-spacing;
- uses 12-point, Times New Roman font;
- employs italics rather than underlining;
- uses footnotes rather than endnotes;
- cites sources according to the Chicago Manual of Style (www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide);
- includes a bibliography;
- includes all illustrations, figures, and tables in an appendix with proper citation to the appendix number where necessary, and said additions are original works by the author.
Papers must be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 200 words. The text itself should be between 2,500 and 10,000 words in length (not including notes and bibliography) and may include original figures. Please also include your name, academic affiliation (i.e. your university or college), and an e-mail address at the top of the page just below the title of your paper.
By submitting to Vexillum, you grant to the journal the right to publish this work in the present issue and in such future issues as should be determined by the editorial board, as well as to the use of your work or excerpts thereof to promote the Journal and its mission. You retain the copyright to your work.
If you have checked your submission against the above criteria and are prepared to submit, please e-mail your submission to the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.